Yes it's hard to believe we are one quarter into the year and on the cusp of quarter two!
I’m not sure about you but I feel this quarter went way to quick and I didn’t accomplish everything I’d planned.
There were a few unexpected interruptions that had me pause and rethink a few things. But that’s life – and it’s not unusual to be thrown things that we didn’t plan or expect, some harder than others. But at the end of the day, life goes on!
So, in this post I’m sharing my thoughts on how to re-set for quarter two. I hope you find it valuable...
If you’re a frequent listener of my Dream Life podcast or reader of my newsletters and blogs, you’ll know that I treat every quarter as 'a mini-year' when it comes to planning.
The reason I do this is that things can change so quickly - as we’ve all experienced the last couple of years – so I find that reviewing and re-setting quarterly is really valuable.
It keeps me better connected and clear on where I’m at with my overall life vision and my Top 10 Dreams - and helps me decide where to focus my energy.
My approach is really just a short, sharp quarterly check-in.
I’ve found it works really well for me and maybe it will for you too – and I’ve made available as downloads all of the templates and exercises I use, in case you find those useful too.
So here are my tips on how to re-set and get started on your new 'mini-year' – quarter two:
- What went well?
- What are you grateful for?
- What were the highlights?
- What did you achieve?
- What didn’t go to plan?
- What were the obstacles, and if they happen again this quarter – how will you overcome them?
- What did you learn?
- What can you improve on for quarter two?
- So for example, if your dream is financial freedom by [X date], what can you do this quarter to get closer to that?
- If one of your dreams is to get healthier and fitter every year – what will your fitness and health focus be for this quarter?
- Or if your dream is to work out what you want to do with your life – and create a very clear vision – set that as your main dream this quarter and spend time working that out (and if you’re not clear on your dreams and need some inspiration, here are 3 things you can do this quarter:
- I have free 101 dreams workshops coming up where you can join me live online as I take you through a powerful exercise to discover your dreams. You’ll hear about them soon via email.
- You can take some time to do my powerful 101 dreams exercise by listening to my free audio guide here…
- Hearing about the dreams of other people is one of the most powerful ways of inspiring you to dream. Take some time to read through this list of real-life dreams I’ve gathered – and feel free to take inspiration from any that resonate with you…
- Work out what you will STOP doing this quarter. This could be things that are taking you away from taking action on your dreams and goals. Things that come to mind are social media, news and tv/Netflix. I’m not saying taking them away completely – just stop doing it on autopilot and work out how much time you ideally want to spend on those things because the more time you spend on things like that the less time you have to work on your dreams and goals.
- Work out what you will START doing. This should all be aligned with making your 3 dreams/gals for the quarter – and lastly...
- Think about what you will CONTINUE doing. Eg: What worked well in the last quarter that you will continue.
- Choose a habit that you can do daily. 3 months of doing something daily – even if it’s really small - is magic as it will become part of who you are if you stick with it. If you need help, join my Habit Club here…
I’m so excited about this month because we’ll be reading the happiness plan by Dr Elise Biaylew and she’ll be joining us to do a live meditation and a Q&A. Can’t wait! See more information about GROW here...
And if you'd like to listen to my latest podcast episode where I talk through how to reset for a new quarter, you can listen here...
I do hope this information has been useful for you. Let me know in the comments below.
Have a wonderful week and lets get ready for our best quarter ever!