Up until Paul Callaghan reached his mid-thirties, he had all the makings of a great Australian success story. Or so it seemed, until on his 35th birthday a nervous breakdown changed everything.
Reconnecting with his traditional Aboriginal beliefs and culture is what helped heal him… and eventually led him to write his wonderful book, The Dreaming Path: Indigenous Thinking to Change Your Life. Written with Uncle Paul Gordon.
I’ve found so much wisdom, so well shared in his book and in the inspiring conversation we had for this episode of the Dream Life Podcast and I’m sure you will to.
Paul is an Aboriginal man belonging to the land of the Worimi people, on the coast of NSW Australia just north of Newcastle, and in this episode, he shares a host of inspiring insights for you, including:
- How we can learn & grow from our challenges – or ‘storms’ as Paul describes them - which need to be welcomed for the meaning and personal growth they bring (he describes his nervous breakdown as “the most magnificent thing ever”).
- How the power of story can help us create a better life and world – and that when we leave this world all we leave behind is our stories. Paul challenges us all with profound questions. What stories will be told about you once your life is done? Will you leave a good story? What is your unique story going to be? How will it leave the world a better place? And most importantly, how can you create and own the story you want to leave behind?
- How the Aboriginal definition of wellbeing contends that no one person can be well if everyone isn’t well, and if the land isn’t well. Built on the premise that we are all connected.
- How so many have lost their way in a world so full of noise and competing priorities. How so many people try to be all things to all people at all times. Busy, yet with contentment and happiness so elusive. Busy, but doing so little. And what to do about it.
- The wonderful power of everyday gratitude and the benefits of practicing it.
- The profound benefits of connecting regularly with friends & family and noticing the good things in life together.
- The amazing and energy giving joy of connection to country and nature.
Paul’s perspective and messages inspired by ancient indigenous thinking are so refreshing and really resonated with me.
You are going to really love this episode and I can’t wait to hear what you get out of it, so please share your thoughts with us in our Dream Life Podcast private Facebook group here...
Have a wonderful weekend!
Dream Life Founder
- Find Paul’s book here, The Dreaming Path
- Learn more about my FREE 60min Online Live Workshop late April, Re-set Your Life to Make 2022 The Best It Can Be! here.
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway, Susan Jeffers
- The Happiness Trap, Dr Russ Harris
- Join the Dream Life Podcast Facebook Group here - and jump into discussions with like-minded people.
- If you love this episode, don’t forget to subscribe for more inspiration – and please tell us what you thought by leaving us a review!
- …please help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
- Download a review of Kristina’s Top 10 Favourite books of all time
- Buy Your Dream Life Starts Here audio book, by Kristina Karlsson
- Buy Your Dream Life Starts Here e-book, by Kristina Karlsson
- Learn more about my Personal Growth Club - GROW here.
- Learn more about my Habit Club here.
- Learn more about my Dream Life Digital Course here.
- Shop inspiring and meaningful products at The Dream Life Store here.
And if you're looking for some every day inspiration to jump into the drivers seat of your life and evolve. Start here with this beautiful framed print.