Hello & welcome back to another episode!
Today I want to talk about another passion of mine - and that is walking!
I just love walking. It’s something I take time to do every single day – and it has so many magical benefits for you.
There is nothing better than starting the day with a beautiful walk outside. Seeing the sun rise. Connecting with nature or my local neighbourhood. Having some time of my own.
It’s a beautiful way of getting to know yourself as you listen to your inner voice and connect. And it’s a great opportunity to let yourself be inspired by new dreams, goals and ideas.
I often call my morning walk ‘my $1m dollar walk’ and people laugh. But the truth is, on my walks is when I come up with most of my big ideas. Creative ideas. Product ideas. Content ideas. Dreams I want to work on for myself, my family and for the world. Ideas for solving challenges… I could go on.
Most of us can walk regardless of level of fitness or any health-related issues. You can walk anywhere - and its free!
Some of the things you'll learn in this episode:
- The many benefits of a daily walk – including reducing stress and stimulating creative ideas.
- How to easily motivate yourself to get out and walk – and simple hacks to take away the barriers.
- How to use your walking time to keep up with podcasts or books you love.
- How journaling quickly after a walk can have so much value for you.
- …and much more!
Walking stimulates so many ideas for me and every time I go for a walk, I take notes. Sometimes on my phone, other times in a small notebook. Then on my return, I take a little time to use my Dream Life Walking Journal to record my experience, thoughts, and ideas – making it a beautiful ritual - which is what I encourage you to do too.
With a glass of water, a cup of tea or your morning coffee, journal away about where you walked, how you felt, what you thought about, the insights you had, the ideas it stimulated… anything that comes to mind. And any actions that come from that.
Look back over your journal from time to time and observe the patterns in your experiences and thoughts.
…and keep this journal handy for when you come back from a walk, creating a beautiful walking ritual of your own.
I can’t wait to hear what you think and would love to hear if you love walking too – so please let me know in our Dream Life Podcast Facebook group here or in the comments section below.
Have a wonderful week!
I’ll be back next week with another guest so be sure you’re subscribed to the podcast, so you don’t miss.
Dream Life Founder
- Purchase our beautiful new Dream Life Walking journal for yourself or as a thoughtful gift here…
- Join the Dream Life Podcast Facebook Group here - and jump into discussions and learning with like-minded people.
- Learn about The 12 Hour Walk here…
- “When the crowd is headed in the wrong direction, walk alone.” - Matshona Dhliwayo
- “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” John Muir
- “If you seek creative ideas go walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.’ - Raymond Inmon
- “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” - Paul Dudley White
- "A walk in nature walks the soul back home."
- “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Walking is man's best medicine.” – Hippocrates
- “I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.” - John Muir
- “If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.” - Dolly Parton
- “Walking brings me back to myself.” - Laurette Mortimer
- “A morning walk gives the body a chance to forgive the trials and tribulations of yesterday, to shed its rubbish and mental clutter.” - Terri Guillemets
- “Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” - Carrie Latet
- “The longest journey begins with a single step.” - Pantanjali
- “Our first steps are among the most celebrated milestones of our youth. But for some reason, as we age, walking gets taken for granted. That's puzzling, since walking is one of the most comprehensive, and safest, fitness routines available. All you need is a good pair of walking shoes and socks, and you are good to go.” - Brion O'Connor
- “Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it.” - Soren Kierkegaard
- “The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.” - Jacqueline Schiff
- “Walking is a year-round activity and need not be confined to the dry summer months, for there is as much beauty to be found in the countryside in the leafless months of winter as in vibrant spring and the golden days of autumn.” - Kev Reynolds
- “Although there are many ways to achieve a healthier lifestyle, walking is proven to have the highest success rate because people are less likely to quit doing it than with other physical activities.” - Samantha Morgan
- “The compact between writing and walking is almost as old as literature -- a walk is only a step away from a story, and every path tells.” - Robert Macfarlane
- Buy my book Your Dream Life Starts Here.
- Take your first step to getting clarity on what you want from life with this free bonus dreaming exercise here 101 Dreams Audio Guide
- Learn more about my Habit Club here.
- Learn more about my Personal Growth / Book Club - GROW here.
- Help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
- Download a review of Kristina’s Top 10 Favourite books of all time
- Shop inspiring & meaningful products at The Dream Life Store here.
- Follow Kristina on Instagram
- Follow Kristina on Facebook