#149 – PUT YOUR OWN OXYGEN MASK ON FIRST! with Hayden Fricke
Hello and welcome back!
One Dream I feel we must all have on our long list of Dreams is to be as healthy and well as we can be.
In practice what this looks like will be different for everyone, but what I know for sure is that the healthier you are - and the better your sense of wellness - the more energy you have to live your best life and to make more of your Dreams come true.
And we all know, you can't pour from an empty cup. You need to take care of your physical and mental health & wellness - not only for yourself but for those who depend on you.
As the classic airline instruction goes, 'you need to put on your own oxygen mask before helping others'.
Today’s podcast episode guest Hayden Fricke gives us a fascinating perspective on this - having recently released a book exploring how leaders need to look after themselves first to take care of their team members well.
Hayden is a leading sport & organisational psychologist, author and wellness thought leader and you'll love taking a front row seat as we discuss and share a host of practical and helpful insights to help you optimise your wellness.
Listen in to this episode to learn:
- How to build daily self-care & wellness habits slowly and successfully
- The most important thing for your mental wellbeing – which is to understand the connection between your thoughts and your emotions (and to manage our unhelpful thoughts).
- Practical insights on managing your relationship with alcohol.
- How to turn up the volume of our positive thoughts and turn down the volume of less helpful thoughts.
- The power of ‘yet’.
- How making daily habits ‘laughably small’ can lead to great things.
- How important it is to develop a growth rather than a fixed mindset.
- How to overcome bad habits that may have been learnt from childhood.
- …and so much more.
…and you can find Hayden’s book Leaders, Do You Have Your Sh*t Together? Here.
And when it comes to health & wellness, one key thing I've learned over the years is that it’s not what you do occasionally, but what you do every single day that makes a difference.
So I've created a Wellbeing Notepad that will help with your daily productivity while helping you track daily & weekly wellbeing habits - and a range of Wellbeing Diaries to help you focus daily on your wellbeing in 2023.
And last but not least, next Monday we will have our first Dream Life Coaching Program Session where you can ask me any questions about your own Dream Life & the challenges you may be facing. Click here to learn more…
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this episode – so please let me know either in the comments below or in our Dream Life Podcast Facebook group here.
And please share it with anyone who you feel may benefit from it. Let’s inspire many more millions around the world.
Have a wonderful week!
Dream Life Founder
- You can find Hayden’s book Leaders, Do You Have Your Sh*t Together? Here.
- Learn about my NEW 12-Month Coaching Program & Online Course here…
- Buy my book Your Dream Life Starts Here.
- Explore our Wellbeing Notepads that will help with your daily productivity while helping you track daily & weekly wellbeing habits.
- Explore our range of Wellbeing Diaries to help you focus daily on your wellbeing in 2023.
- Hayden’s favourite books: Sarah Edelman, Change Your Thinking and The Righteous Mind by Jonathon Haidt
- Learn more about my Habit Club here...
- Learn more about my Personal Growth / Book Club - GROW here…
- Join our Dream Life Podcast Facebook Group here - and jump into discussions & learning with like-minded people.
- Take your first step to getting clarity on what you want from life with this free bonus dreaming exercise here 101 Dreams Audio Guide
- Help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
- Download a review of My Top 10 Favourite Books of all time
- Shop inspiring & meaningful products at The Dream Life Store here.
- Follow Kristina on Instagram
- Follow Kristina on Facebook
Leave a comment