Hello & welcome back!
Do you ever find yourself hoping that someday, life will be less hectic?!
‘One day’, you say, you'll ‘finally have time for the activities that you love’. Writing that book, more time for you, chasing your dreams, traveling with friends…
But life is unpredictable – and full - and if we're not careful, dull, unfulfilling tasks can quickly occupy our precious hours, derail our best-laid plans, and make life feel like a slog.
In her latest book Tranquility by Tuesday, my podcast guest Laura Vanderkam explains that if you want something to happen, you need to design your life to make it happen – and you’re going to love taking a front row seat on this inspiring conversation as we talk through how to do just that.
Laura is a world leading expert in time management & productivity, and her practical ideas will inspire and challenge your thinking in equal measure.
(1) Being Intentional About Time Management is Essential for You:
Laura emphasizes the importance of intentional time management in creating a fulfilling life and spending time on what matters.
(2) You Need a Weekly Planning Practice for Success:
Implementing a weekly planning practice is a high-impact strategy for you. This practice involves dedicating around 20-30 minutes on Fridays to plan the upcoming week, identifying important professional & personal tasks, and allocating time for them in your diary.
(3) Your Mindset Shapes Your Productivity:
Cultivating a positive mindset is key to productivity – and getting time to spend on what matters - and it takes focus.
Starting the day intentionally will foster a productive mindset, setting you up you to tackle tasks and interactions with enthusiasm and joy.
(4) Embrace Your Passions and Prioritize Them:
Finding and pursuing your passion enhances time management. Integrating activities that bring joy and align with personal interests into daily routines creates a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
(5) Outsourcing and Delegation for Efficiency:
Delegating tasks that don't align with your strengths or passions is crucial for time optimization (and your own joy!).
You’ll going to love the insights in this episode - and when you finish listening, I want you to ask yourself, what is one action that you can take today to improve how you use time so you can move closer to creating your dream life?
As always, I’d LOVE to hear what resonates with you – and what you plan to implement after listening in. So please share below and let’s keep the conversation going in the Dream Life Podcast Facebook group here.
Have a wonderful week …and Dream Big!
Dream Life Founder
- For in-depth guidance on how to plan quarterly effectively access our video workshop here..
- Use this journal to plan your Quarter…
- Find the tools here that Kristina uses in her Weekly Planning.
- Explore Kristina's approach to Quarterly Planning here - which includes pre-week planning.
- Learn more about our Fiji Retreat here…
- Join my virtual book club GROW where we’ll be reading and squeezing the learnings from Laura’s book in September. Learn more here…
- Want to transform your life with help from me? Join our Platinum Coaching Program. Learn more here…
- Take your first step to getting clarity on what you want from life with this free bonus dreaming exercise here 101 Dreams Audio Guide
- Take the Quiz here… "Discover How on Track You Are to Living Your Dream Life" and uncover valuable insights into where you're at and how your own path forward can look.
- BONUS free 150 Dreams to Inspire You: The Top Dreams of Real People - 30 Page Downloadable pdf. Download here…
- Buy my book Your Dream Life Starts Here.
- Join our Dream Life Podcast Facebook Group here - and jump into discussions & learning with like-minded people.
- Learn about my Habit Club here...
- Help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
- Download a review of My Top 10 Favourite Books of all time
- Shop inspiring & meaningful products at The Dream Life Store here.
- Follow Kristina on Instagram
- Follow Kristina on Facebook