Hello & welcome back!
Today, we’re delving into a topic that has the potential to transform your life and career: finding your voice to speak confidently in front of groups of people.
Before you hit pause or think this doesn't apply to you, consider this: public speaking isn't just about addressing large audiences from a grand stage. It's a skill that can benefit you in countless ways, from intimate gatherings with friends to pivotal moments in your career.
In this episode, we'll explore why everyone should embrace the art of public speaking and how it can help you build confidence and achieve your dreams.
Whether you're a seasoned speaker looking to refine your skills or someone who's never stepped onto a stage, this episode has something valuable for you.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How honing your speaking skills can significantly enhance your overall communication abilities.
- How to convey your ideas with clarity and confidence, whether in front of a group or in everyday conversations.
- How getting comfortable with public speaking will set you apart in interviews, presentations, and meetings.
- How you can overcome the fear of public speaking and watch your self-confidence soar.
- Why public speaking isn't just a skill—it's a journey of personal growth – and how it can lead to significant development in various aspects of your life.
If you’d like to invest a little more in learning to be a confident speaker in public situations, join my Platinum Coaching this month – where we’ll be focussing on helping you do just that.
As always, I’d LOVE to hear what resonates with you – and what you plan to implement after listening in. So please share below and let’s keep the conversation going in the Dream Life Podcast Facebook group here.
Have a wonderful week …and Dream Big!
Dream Life Founder
- Want to transform your life and wellness with help from me? Join our Platinum Coaching Program and hang around positive like-minded people. This month's theme is public speaking to help you master this skill. Learn more here…
- Join my virtual book club GROW where we read and meet online weekly to squeeze the learnings from great books. Learn more here…
- Take your first step to getting clarity on what you want from life with this free bonus dreaming exercise here 101 Dreams Audio Guide
- Take the Quiz here… "Discover How on Track You Are to Living Your Dream Life" and uncover valuable insights into where you're at and how your own path forward can look.
- BONUS free 150 Dreams to Inspire You: The Top Dreams of Real People - 30 Page Downloadable pdf. Download here…
- Buy my book Your Dream Life Starts Here.
- Join our Dream Life Podcast Facebook Group here - and jump into discussions & learning with like-minded people.
- Learn about my Habit Club here...
- Help up spread this inspiring message to even more people by sharing our podcast on social media with the hashtag #101milliondreamers
- Download a review of My Top 10 Favourite Books of all time
- Shop inspiring & meaningful products at The Dream Life Store here.
- For in-depth guidance on how to plan quarterly effectively access our video workshop here.. Use this journal to plan your Quarter…
- Follow Kristina on Instagram
- Follow Kristina on Facebook
Hi there and welcome back to another episode. Today I'm going to talk about a topic that some people rather die. And that is public speaking. So before you stop listening, if you do not love public speaking, I do think it's a skill that everyone needs to have if you want to live your dream life. And when I say public speaking, that does not mean that you need to talk in front of hundreds or even thousands of people.
It's a great skill to have in smaller gatherings. And in my experience, Talking in front of a smaller crew that you actually know is harder than talking in front of a bigger crowd that you don't know. And what I've learned having done a lot of public speaking over the years is that it's a trained skill.
So today I want to talk about why I think you should do it because the theme in the dream life coaching program for October is public speaking, because I think it's such a great skill to have so you can share what you are passionate about and our superstar speaker for this month is a public speaking expert.
And I will also share everything I've learned when it comes to public speaking. And as I'm about to record this episode. I am about to do a speech for my best friend at her birthday party, and that's actually much harder than doing any public speaking that I have done. So I really think we all need to get comfortable and great at speaking.
It's a skill that we all need for those special occasions in our life, as well as work and business, etc. But once you get good at it, it gets so much easier and it's all about first now how to do it, but then secondly, practice it. So here are a few reasons why I think you should consider getting good at public speaking.
So the first one is when you decide to practice public speaking, it will improve your Overall communication skills and enabling you to get your ideas and information across in any settings, not just on stage. And it will also help you get better at your career or in your business. Strong public speaking abilities can boost your career by helping you stand out in interviews, presentations, and meetings, and potentially leading to promotions.
And leadership roles, or of course, growth in your own business. If you have your own business, overcoming the fear of public speaking can significantly boost self confidence and self esteem leading to more positive self image. It will also help you influence in any areas of life, whether it's negotiations, sales, or advocacy for a course.
It will also help networking, so public speaking engagements provide incredible opportunities to connect with like minded individuals, potential mentors, and collaborations, expanding your professional or your business network. Another thing that it will help is personal growth. Public speaking challenge you to get out of your comfort zone, promoting personal growth and development, which I think is vital.
When you are living your dream life or creating your dream life, it would also help with the education and knowledge sharing. So sharing your expertise through public speaking allows you to educate and inspire others, whether that is something you're passionate about at work or in business, your hobbies, or a course.
It will also help your leadership skills. Public speaking is a fundamental leadership skill, as leaders often need to address and motivate teams, stakeholders, and the public. It can also help with crisis management. So public speaking skills are really crucial in handling crisis or difficult situations, allowing you to convey information calmly and manage public perception effectively.
It will help with advocacy and social impact. So public speaking can be a very powerful tool to advocating for causes you really believe in and raising awareness and affecting positive social change. And a lot of us who are creating. Our dream life want to change the world or make the world a better place in some way.
Effective public speaking can help you establish a strong personal brand, making you more memorable and also respected in your field. And it's also a great way of actually promoting your business or your expertise in any way. As I said earlier, I'm just about to do a speech for my best friend for her birthday.
So it really helps with life's milestones. Public speaking can enhance your ability to deliver speeches at important life events, such as weddings, graduations, birthdays, and funerals. Allow you to connect with and inspire others during significant moments. And I really always think about how amazing it is when people just.
do a speech or, or say something, even if it's just like a casual dinner party. Sometimes that can be really hard too, because you know everyone, but I think that's make the dinners or the special gathering much more special. When we actually say a few words about the person who either invited us or if it's a specific event or a milestone.
In summary, meeting the art of public speaking can enhance your communication, boost your career and business, and contribute to personal and professional growth, making it a valuable skill for everyone to cultivate. So. If you are inspired to learn more and thinking about joining the dream lab coaching program, now is the perfect time to join, because in October, I'm going to share everything that I learned in regards to public speaking.
And I was terrified when I started. Uh, speaking publicly and now I do it so much easier and it comes all down to plan your speech really well and then practice it and eventually you will feel that you can manage that really easily. So I'm going to share all that. I'm also getting a public speaking expert in and we're going to have.
A masterclass in that. But if you are listening to this later than October, we record all our sessions so you can join anytime and still get access to everything that we've done in the past in the Dream Lab Coaching Program. Just head over to your dream lab, starts here.com. If you wanna join, I will also link to it in the show notes.
I would love to know what is holding you back. Getting into or getting good at public speaking. Let me know in your dream life Facebook group. I will link to that in the show notes as well. As always, I'll be back next week with another inspiring guest. So make sure you subscribe so you don't miss it.
Have the most wonderful week.