After meeting Dr Elise Bialylew at a recent event, I was so inspired I just had to invite her onto the podcast right away.
Elise is also a coach, meditation teacher and social entrepreneur who, after training as a doctor and psychiatrist, left the hospital wards to pursue a deeper calling. In 2012 she founded Mindful in May – the world’s largest online global mindfulness campaign that teaches thousands of people each year to meditate whilst raising funds to build clean water projects in the developing world.
Elise always wanted to help people and make a difference, and her shift into mindfulness was driven by a scientific fascination with the mind and how we can use it to improve our overall wellness.
Passionate about supporting individuals and organisations to develop inner tools to flourish, Elise offers workshops and training at The Mind Life Project as well. There are so many wonderful inspiring moments throughout this episode, where you will hear all about Elise’s journey, as well as:
- The importance of community in all that we do
- The science behind meditation, why we should meditate and the benefits it can bring to your life
- How mindfulness may assist in reducing anxiety and depression
- Tips on meditation – especially if you’ve never meditated before
- The benefits of kindness
- Simple ways to incorporate more gratitude into your life
- That it’s okay to give yourself a break when you’re feeling overwhelmed
- The importance of asking for help and reaching out to people to support you, no matter what you’re striving for, and so much more!